Natural Childbirth Preparation Series:
Here at Empowered Beginnings we make your education our priority. We realize the importance of an education that is actually applicable - down to each person and their situation. We understand that there is a world of information out there and we specialize in tailoring the information you receive to most effectively assist you in reaching your goals. We help couples discover the knowledge and skills necessary for a healthy, strong, and intuitive childbirth. Couples emerge confident that they can achieve the birth of their dreams - together.
Our classes are thorough and complete. Our course is 10 weeks (10 classes) and covers these topics and many more:
- How to best prepare for birth in pregnancy.
- Staying low-risk, healthy, & comfortable.
- Stages of Labor: Preliminary through 3rd stage.
- Holistically understanding the body, labor, and birth: physically (body), mentally (mind), and emotionally (soul/spirit).
- The chemicals of labor and how different psychological situations affect production of certain hormones and, in turn, effect physical labor.
- Support person's roles in pregnancy, labor, and beyond.
- Proven and reliable strategies that lead to successful non-medicated, vaginal births (90% non-medicated, vaginal birth amongst our students)!
- Relaxation Methods & techniques, positioning, tailored techniques, relief techniques/tools, etc.
- Labor rehearsals, relaxation practices/demos, position practices, etc.
- Birth Plans, communications with birth team, knowing your practitioner and birth place, etc.
- Variations & complications of labor, interventions, gaining true informed consent, etc.
- Understanding the "whys" of our current obstetrics system and how to navigate it.
- Postpartum, recovery, honoring the new mother, and expectations.
- Breastfeeding: why, how, common complications, what to expect, etc.
- The Newborn: truly understanding the newborn, what to expect, how to care for/meet needs, etc.
Upon registering for an upcoming series, we will consult (no additional fee) with each mother/couple privately to assure they have the knowledge and skills necessary for a strong pregnancy and labor prep in regards to nutrition and exercise. We highly recommend our Healthy Pregnancy classes to anyone who can fit it in before our birth-prep series.
Tuesdays, 6-8pm, May 27th - July 29th @ Jillian's Drawers in Ithaca, NY. (start-time usually adjusted to meet participants' needs)
Healthy Pregnancy Course:
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! This old saying could not be truer in regards to pregnancy and childbirth! We enjoy empowering moms to be as healthy as possible for themselves and their babies! This is a short "series" of just two classes that thoroughly covers all the topics needed for a strong and healthy pregnancy!
We cover these topics and more:
- Education (anatomy, development, etc)
- Avoidance of harmful substances
- Relaxation and Stress reduction
- The Support-Person's Role in pregnancy
- Pre-Natal Testing Education
- The Joy of Natural Childbirth